Pages

Sunday, June 1, 2008

Tending to My Blogs: June 2008

I've neglected my blogs for a while now: Spanner's World for two weeks, and The Outside View for a whole month and a half. I've started posting on Spanner's World again, so I figured I might as well post here too. But just posting is not enough. I realized that I need to give Spanner's World a lot more links. So I'll put more links and bigger blogrolls there. It'll take some time and effort, but I want my project blog to be as embedded in its proper context as Spanner itself.

As for The Outside View, [Note: now called Take Nothing On Faith] I need to find some subjects to write about besides blogging. I already have some entries that could kick up some controversy if anybody read them. Once I've built up the links and blogroll sections of Spanner's World a lot and The Outside View a little more than I already have, my next challenge will be to promote both my blogs, and the comics and novels associated with them. That will be the subject of my next "Learning to Blog" entry(/ies). I'll learn how to use such blog promotion tools as Technorati and others. I'll go back to the books on how to blog, and web tutorials on blogging, so I can find out. Also, I'm going to learn how to put subject indexes and tag clouds in my blogs' sidebar.

These are what I intend to do this month. But I'll also want to get back to learning HTML so that I can start designing my website. I'll be doing that this month too. I know: my next entry here will be my blog- and website-related goals for this month.