Pages

Sunday, June 1, 2008

My Internet-Related Goals for June 2008

Last entry, I made the decision that just as I set my project-related goals for this month, I should set some blog- and website-related goals too. So these are:
  1. To build up the links and blogroll section of my project blog, Spanner's World, so that it's adequate for my purposes.
  2. To find out how to put subject indexes and tag clouds in my blogs.
  3. To learn how to promote my blogs on the Web and blog search engines and using other Internet promotion tools.
  4. To resume learning HTML so I can start designing my website.
These goals shouldn't be tough like some of my writing and drawing goals. It's mostly a matter of learning and finding out so I can do it.

I'm a public person now, even if I don't yet have much of a public. I have an Internet presence, and this month's goals are intended to enhance it. The Outside View is supposed to be my soapbox, though it isn't yet. And, even after almost a decade, I don't have my website designed or online yet. I'm getting back to doing all this, starting this month. In addition to my writing and drawing, I need to maintain and improve my public presence on the Internet. Ultimately, I intend to post the first issue of Spanner online on September 9 — which, not coincidentally, is main character Shira's 9th birthday (she is 14 when the story begins).

I've got my work cut out for me. Now all I have to do is do it.