Pages

Thursday, April 3, 2008

Learning to Blog 4: Getting Serious

In the latest Blogger Buzz post, the Blogger people just informed us Blogger bloggers about the proposed upgrades to their service. They gave the link to the beta version, called "Blogger in draft". Lo and behold, I found what I'd been led to believe was missiong before:
  • A blogroll.
  • A search box.
  • A convenient feed subscription option.
I decided to take advantage of those and add them to both my blogs. It's a good thing Google thought to add those important missing features, among others. After all, a company's got to keep competitive or die. My learning curve is now less steep.

This will be the last of my posts on learning how to blog. The big blogroll goose chase that I thought I would have to undertake simply disappeared, and with it the need for any more of these "Learning to Blog" entries. I'm still new to this, but I'll get the hang of it one of these days. The only challenge remaining is getting people to read The Outside View, my other blog Spanner's World, and whatever other site I'll be putting up in the future. After this, I'm getting back to the real reason I set up The Outside View: my views on the political and philosophical controversies of the day. From now on, I'm getting serious. Or however serious I get...