Pages

Monday, June 21, 2010

Juneuary!

The sun's out over Seattle right now, kinda. But for most of this month, the Northwest weather has been dark, dreary, cold, and sometimes rainy. Hell, Alaska's had three 75° days, and Seattle's had none! The local news media and the social networks have coined a new term for our unseasonable late-winter weather: Juneuary.

I, for one, never figured I'd be going outside with a jacket on. I thought I'd be sweating bullets like I normally do this time of year. Where'd my early-summer weather go? This is the first day of summer, but it still feels like early spring.

All the weather forecasters are predicting that summer will finally come to the Northwest tomorrow. That's why I wanted to get this post out of the way now. I'm crossing my fingers. Summer had better come soon, or I'll get seriously annoyed. I'm tired of Juneuary.