Pages

Sunday, April 5, 2015

Jesus in My Teeth -- NaPoWriMo 2015 Poem #3

I saw Jesus in my teeth
In the X-ray my dentist took
Right there in a wisdom tooth
He can’t take it out now
While Jesus is sanctifying me
Through His presence in the X-ray
  of my tooth

I saw Jesus in a pancake
He snuck onto the griddle somehow
At the restaurant where I was having breakfast
Downing a gallon of drip coffee and
Eating my bacon and eggs and bacon
 and pancakes
  and bacon
(Did I tell you how much I love bacon?)
And there He was,
 Jesus, the Lord
 appearing to me
  in my pancake
And so I ate Him

I’ve got Jesus in my tummy
I ate His flesh and drank His blood
 as bread and wine
  at Mass
He appeared to me in my pancakes
 and I ate Him
He appeared to me in my French toast
 and I ate Him
He appeared to me in my hot cross bun
 and I ate Him
He tasted oh so heavenly good
Like the Son of God should
And now He sanctifies my tummy
 till He’s digested
And I must eat and drink Him
  again


Copyright © 2015 Dennis Jernberg. Some rights reserved.
Creative Commons License